Welcome to the Foundation Stage Page
The Beginning of an Educational Adventure
Ways to help at home
Teachers’ Guidance – every day please:
- Talk to your child whilst playing with their favourite toys – when possible extend their play e.g. when playing with bricks or creating a picture, Plan>Do>Review (i.e. talk about what they want to make, make it together and then talk about what they like best or might want to change).
- Share a story – talk about the pictures and encourage your child to predict what might happen or how a character is feeling. T Tp 1625854013 Eyfs Help Your Child With Reading Poster For Parents Ver 2
- Spot words around the home – notice what letter sounds are in them (maybe link with their name), try to blend the sounds together (read the word) or talk about what the words mean.
- If your child is in Foundation Stage 2 (Rainbow Fish), practise writing the letters that your child is learning this week in phonics (see weekly update for details). T Tp 1625854895 Eyfs Help Your Child With Phonics Poster For Parents Ver 3
Once a week please:
- Draw a picture – child to have a go at writing their name and maybe add some labels together. Please save to bring it back to school to add to your child’s learning journey.
- Help your child strengthen their muscles with some of these ideas: T S 084 Fine Motor Skills Activity Cards Ver 1
- Choose one of the handwriting ideas on the challenge sheet below.
- T Tp 1625854418 Eyfs Help Your Child With Writing Poster For Parents Ver 3
- Choose one of the maths activities on the challenge sheet below.The BRW Maths Challenge
- Topic Related support – Welcome
- Talk to your child about their baptism and share the photographs.
- Topic Related support – Birthdays
- Talk to your child about how they feel as they get closer to their birthday
- Share the story of The First Christmas and talk about how the different people would have felt.
A quick and easy playdough recipe so that you can help your children develop strong fingers and wrists, creative skills, communication skills as they talk about the changes they see and make and social skills as they play together with you.
List of useful websites for EYFS
Lots of phonics based games for children to play
Lots of different maths activities for children to play
Lots of interactive stories and games for you to play
YouTube is great to watch the following on:
- Numberblocks – this helps children to understand numbers up to and beyond 10 by using different characters
- Tricky word song – these help children with reading and spelling words such as; I, go, to, he, she etc
- Jolly Phonics songs and actions – these help children read and say different sounds
- Alphablocks – these shows help with segmenting and blending sounds in words
- Cosmic Kids – yoga suitable for young children
Further Information – Early Years Development Matters Curriculum Guidance 6.7534 DfE Development Matters Report And Illustrations Web 2